DEADLINE – FRIDAY JUNE 10TH, 2016 – 6PM
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2016 PARKDALE FILM + VIDEO SHOWCASE
The 2016 Parkdale Film + Video Showcase was founded in 1999 and has remained since the beginning a pay-what-you-can festival that showcases film and video screenings, critical discussions, installation and performance. PFVS is committed to increasing awareness of independent media art forms and art practices at the community level by creating a space to stimulate dialogue between Parkdale artists and community members as well as with communities beyond the boundaries of the Parkdale neighborhood. The 2016 Parkdale Film and Video Showcase will be taking place August 19th – 21st.
Films and videos are the heart of the festival and we invite works from artists and community members at all stages of their artistic careers. During the three day festival there will be two general film and video screenings that will be selected from the open call for submissions. We encourage submissions that are either made by artists/community members living or working in the neighborhood as well as films that address wider issues of relevance to the Parkdale Community including but not limited to food security, affordable housing, community cultures, health and wealth disparities, impact of gentrification on core and inner city urban neighborhoods. Submissions are due June 10th, 2016 and those selected for this year’s festival will be notified by the end of July 2016.
- There is no cost to submit to the festival
- The deadline is June 10th, 2016
- We encourage all genres of films to be submitted (experimental, animation, documentary, narrative, etc.)
- We encourage all formats of films to be submitted (analog film, VHS, Digital); however we request for preview purposes that you submit either a digital or DVD preview version
- Films should be 15 minutes or shorter
- Films in foreign languages should be subtitled in English
- The person submitting the film is responsible for the costs for delivering the works to Parkdale Film and Video Showcase
- Submissions on DVD will not be returned
- Complete the online submission form below and remember to include all support materials
- Send your digital preview copy either by weblink (Vimeo, or Youtube with the associated password)
- Send in the mail your DVD/Blu-Ray (NTSC) labeled with: title of the work, run time, the director’s name, country, genre, year completed and email.
Please refer to the FAQ page or email email@example.com if you have any questions.